10 Easy and delicious sweet Caribbean recipes you can enjoy this spring summer season! Which is your favorite?
1. Banana Mama (photo below) - . An exotic blend of tropical fruits such as strawberries, banana, pineapple and coconut.
2. Coconut Tres Leches Cake - . Exotic, delicious and incomparable. Learn to make a tres leches coconut, follow the step by step and enjoy this rich dessert at home.
3. Soursop Pastry Cream Recipe - A delicious custard that can be used as a filling or a topping on cakes and cupcakes.
4. Dulce de Coco Tierno (photo above) - . A Dominican homemade dessert made with a tender coconut meat, milk and sweet condensed milk. I know you'll like this creamy dessert.
5. Boniato Pudding (Jalea de Batata) - A known favorite dessert in the traditional Dominican cuisine. Its main ingredient is the batata, also known as boniato, or sweet potato. There are different ways of preparering this dessert, in this post I share the recipe with pineapple or without pineapple.
6. Coconut Macaroons - These coconut macaroons aka coconut kisses in Spanish, taste so delicious you won't believe they are this easy to prepare! For coconut lovers this is one treat you won't be able to control yourself with, you'll definitely eat more than one kiss!
7. Cassava Bread - . This bread has a resemblance to cassava fritters, with the difference that it is sweet, has coconut and is baked.
8. Passion Fruit Scones - These scones make a delicious morning or afternoon snack. I've been baking these scones for many years and I have also adapted it to make a passion fruit scone cake. Find both recipes in this post.
9. Tropical Pavlova (photo above) - Are you a pavlova lover? Why not try these ´personal size tropical pavlovas topped with pineapple, papaya, melon, and sprinkled with coconut flakes. For Mother's Day these will be a special treat in your dessert table.
10. Plátanos al Caldero (photo below) - Sweet caramelized plantains are a traditional Dominican sweet side dish prepared with ripe plantains and served with the meal. He brings that sweet touch to the food you like so much.
Cheers to a happy and blessed day!