Sister Herminia’s and Ruby’s Delicious Potatoes


Sister Herminia, gave this recipe to my daughter, Ruby. I thank her for it because it's a delicious recipe. At home, Ruby, is the one that likes to cook (snack type foods). She makes awesome sandwiches, tostones (fried green plantains) and divine omelets, but never anything like this that takes a little bit more time and development. 

This recipe caught her attention, and since we already had these ingredients at home she decided to cook it. She even saved a special plate for me. They were the best potatoes that I have eaten in my life! I liked it so much that I also made some myself a few days later. I leave you with the recipe and instructions just as Ruby wrote it, she even suggested side dishes to serve these potatoes with.  


Ingredients:

Potatoes
Onions
Sliced Almonds
Raisins
Cooking Wine
Pepper
Parsley
Salt

Preparation: 
1. To make this delicious salad we must first wash the potatoes, and then boil for 20 to 30 minutes.

2. When the potatoes are cooked, remove it from the pot drain it well and then fry them in plenty of hot oil until they get golden in color. If you want make them without having to fry them you can roast them (broil).

3. In the meantime stir fry the diced onions in butter or olive oil for 3 minutes or until the onions are transparent; add raisins and almonds mix for 1 minute.

4. Then add the potatoes to the onion mixture, serve in a bowl, and they ready to eat. Bon Appétit!

Serve with: Beef, chicken, rice or cheese.




 
  


"Train a child in the way he should go, When he is old, he will not turn away from it" - Proverbs 22:6

Recipes and Tips