These pink pecan Russian Teacakes are as irresistibly delicious as they are cute. They have a nice pink color, and a mixed flavor of cinnamon and pecan that will enchant you! This is one of many versions created by my daughter. For that special sweet gift or any theme party in pink this is a great choice dessert. My youngest daughter, Topaz, has created two varieties for the past Valentine’s Day, these pink pecan and the red velvet Mexican wedding cookies that I shared here.
See step by step of the original cookies here: Mexican wedding cookies.
Pink Pecans Russian TeacakesIngredients:
¾ cup (1 ½ stick -170 g) margarine or unsalted butter, room temperature
¾ cup sifted powdered sugar (96 g)
1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring (5 ml)
1 ¾ cups flour (224 g)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
3 drops pink gel food color
1 cup finely chopped or ground pecans (122g)
1½ cup powdered sugar (icing sugar) 85 g
1. Heat oven to 350 ° F. Lightly grease three trays of cookies. Depending on the size you make the cookies, maybe just need only one or two trays. These are mini versions.
2. With the flat beater (flat beater) beat the butter until it becomes light yellow. Add powdered sugar and mix. Add vanilla and three drops of food coloring, mixing until you see a uniform color.
3. Measure then sift the flour, salt and cinnamon together before adding to the butter mixture on low speed until mixture is partially combined. Incorporates the pecans to the mixture, until it is mixed. If the dough is too sticky add 4-6 tablespoons more flour, but only a tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is achieved. Be careful not to over mix as this may cause the cookies to come out dry and grainy.
4. Form ½ inch cylinders, length does not matter, then cut into 1-inch pieces and form each piece into balls. Place them ½ inch apart on the tray. Bring the oven to 350 ° F (175 ° C) for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies look dry and have lightly browned on the bottom. These are mini size, but you can very well do them bigger in size.
5. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, stir them into a bowl with confection sugar, generously coat them and place on a clean tray. When completely cool, recoat the snowballs with confection sugar. Your pink polvorones are now ready to enjoy or pack in treat bags.
If you like these cookies please share or leave a comment.
"When the best things are not possible, the best may be made of those that are." - Richard Hooker