Baseball Cupcakes


En Español

I created this baseball cupcake for all you baseball fans! This month not everything should be red, pink, and with bows, boys also would love something made out with them in mind too!

A few months ago I made some baseball cupcake toppers in fondant, and since then I had these in my mind ... ball shaped frosting. I almost never get chance to do things like these because at home girls are majority, with only one king, my husband, and he is not a sports fan.


Just like my dad, who was a baseball fanatic, my brother is one too. I dedicate this post to him and also want to let him know that we love him very much!


 My brother and my dad. 


The white frosting is Italian meringue, and the red lines are made with royal icing. 


The plain round tips like #00 and #1 can get blocked with the smallest grain of icing sugar. To avoid this I place the royal icing in a new nylon stocking first, knot it to seal it, and then place it in the pastry bag. This helps out a lot when you need to make thin borders and lines.




What you need to make these baseball cupcakes: 

  • Cupcakes of your choice find a list of my cupcake recipes here: Cupcakes.
  • White frosting of your choice. I used Italian meringue
  • Red royal icing  if you use Italian meringue with out butter, and red buttercream if you use white whip cream or buttercream.
  • Big round plain tip to form the ball
  • Small #1 round plain tip for the red lines 
  • Pastry bag
  • Blue cupcake cups





"No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you." - Joshua 1:5 

Follow this blog by email, and never miss a post. Enter your email address below:

Recipes and Tips