A Very Merry Gingerbread House!


I finally finished decorating the gingerbread house yesterday afternon. In between making coquito, kipes, and pasteles en hoja, I finally finished!

This year it has been colder and more humid than usual, and in this climat the icing takes forever to dry. I decided to make my gingerbread house covered with red fondant; therefore, very little icing was used for details, it was mainly used to glue the house. I found that using meringue powder icing, option II here, without diluting it after it's done, makes a strong icing that glues and dries much quicker.




Overall I love this year's gingerbread house, I think it looks very merry, and smells delicious too! I am so much enjoying having it as my table centerpiece! For the border all around the iced foam, I used jelly bean candy rocks, don't the look wonderful! The fondant I used was Satin Ice Rolled Fondant, it a good choice and holds well in this climate.




What you will need to make one:

Step by step instructions: Gingerbread How-to.
Recipe: Gingerbread Cookies.
Templates for this house: Gingerbread House Templates.


I would like to thank you all for trusting my recipes and following this blog. Have a blessed and Merry Christmas and may the your joy come from the Lord. May unity, peace and love reign in your home. Enjoy this day with the family and celebrate the birth of our Savior!


Very merry wishes from Mari´s Cakes!


But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.” - Matthew 1:20-21

Recipes and Tips