Pumpkin Pie


In Spanish
Do you remember the first time tastings of certain foods? I do! I remember when I first tasted pumpkin pie! My second grade teacher made fresh homemade pumpkin pies for our Thanksgiving school celebration. I don’t remember anything else of that day except the first bite of this delicious creamy pie while I sat in my classroom chair! This is one delicious pie, I could eat all year round. Served chilled it makes a the perfect refreshing dessert for the warm climate in DR.

In case you haven’t tried it or have made dessert yet for this big turkey day. I adapted this recipe from the original Libby’s back of the can recipe which is one of the classic favorites in pies for autumn and Thanksgiving.


Be thankful for all you have and enjoy these days with the family. Feel free to post all your lovely Thanksgiving dishes in Mari’s Cakes facebook wall, it will be a nice to get to see what you are doing on the other side of the screen.









Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients: 
1 can Pumpkin (15 oz. / 425 g)
1 can Evaporated Milk (12 fl. oz. / 315 g)
2 large eggs ¾ cup granulated sugar
1¾ teaspoons of pumpkin Spice (I use my Autumn Spice Recipe found here)
½ teaspoon salt
1 pie dough for a 9-inch deep plate (Pie dough recipe  here)
½ vanilla for dough (optional)
Whipped cream (optional)

Instructions:
1. Homemade pie dough: Prepare pie dough as directed with the difference of adding a hint of vanilla to it, and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll out pie dough into a round disc big enough to cover a 9.5” (24 cm) pie dish and leave extra space for the border, about 13” (33 cm) diameter is good enough to cover the dish. Once you have the pie crust on dish and rim is shaped, place it in the freezer for about 30 minutes to make dough cold. If you are going to use a glass pie plate make sure it is a pyrex or tempered oven safe glass and let sit for a few minutes until it no longer frozen before putting in the oven.
2. Pumpkin filling: Combine sugar, spice and salt and set aside. Beat the eggs in large bowl, stir in pumpkin puree and mix in the spiced sugar mixture. Slowly stir in the evaporated milk and mix until evenly combined. Gently pour into the pie shell. It is that easy!
3. Baking instructions: Bake in preheated 425°F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F; bake for 40 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool on wire rack completely. Serve immediately or refrigerate to serve cold. If preferred, top with whipped cream before serving.


Notes:
a) You could use a store bought uncooked dough, but I am sure you can make your own for a better tasting pie. Follow my recipe instructions in Easy Pie Crust and read the variations to check the flaky dough recipe. Be confident, you can do it!
b) A substitute for pumpkin spice: 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves.




 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. - 1 Chronicles 16:34

1 Friends Have Comment:

  1. I love a simple pumpkin pie recipe, it makes any holiday ROCK! I just made Libby's recipe today, my Father-in-Law requested the pie:-) I love your changes, the pumpkin spice is sooooo good! Yum, Hugs, Terra

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to leave a comment. Thank you for visiting Maris Cakes.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...