This is one chocolate sauce recipe that has surpass all my kitchen testings. It is not too sweet, which makes it perfect to accompany pancakes and ice-cream that are also topped with another sweet syrup. It also has a rich chocolate taste, milk chocolate could be used instead, but this is just luxurious!
The perfect chocolate sauce for profiteroles.
2 ounces dark chocolate (65 g)
1 tablespoon butter (15 g)
½ cup corn syrup (120 ml)
2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder (20g)
2 Tablespoons cornstarch (20g)
¼ cup milk (55 ml)
Instructions to prepare chocolate syrup:
1. Cut the chocolate into pieces and place in a pan with butter and corn syrup.
2. Cook over low heat and stir gently until mixed.
3. In another bowl mix the cocoa powder, cornstarch and milk, add it to the chocolate mixture and bring until boiling point, stirring constantly.
4. Simmer for one minute over medium heat until it has slightly thickened.
5. Remove from heat, and serve warm as topping over ice cream, profiteroles, cakes, flans, puddings, pancakes or brownies.
Enjoy this chocolaty pleasure!
"A man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions." - Luke 12:15