Don’t you hate it when you go look in the pantry for something, only to find out you’re out of the product you are looking for? Having to run out to the supermarket especially at breakfast time is a bummer, so if you are ever out of pancake mix, here's a recipe to make some delicious pancakes from scratch!
It's summer vacation time, take it slow, sleep in late if you can, and enjoy this morning treat.
Chocolate Chips Pancakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon of salt
4 Tablespoons of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1¼ cups milk or buttermilk
2 Tablespoons melted butter or oil
⅔ cup chocolate chips
maple syrup, to serve
1. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the center and add eggs, milk and melted butter. Let stand 5 minutes, then add chocolate chips.
2. Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat and grease lightly with Pam spray or butter. For each pancake, place ⅓ cup of mixture to the pan and extend as much as possible.
3. Cook for 1-2 minutes until you see bubbles on the surface of the pancake. Turn and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from skillet and keep warm until serving. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
4. Place 2 or 3 pancakes on each serving plate, served with maple syrup.
Yield: 8-10 pancakes.
- You may also add a peeled and shredded apple together with the chocolate chips or omit the chocolate chips and just add apple and cinnamon.
- You could substitute the milk with buttermilk.
There will be circumstances and people that can bring out the worst in you, but you have the freedom to choose if you let out the best or the worst of you. That’s your decision.