Apple Cake, Torta di Mele


En Español
This is my version of the Italian apple cake, torta di mele. For apple lovers this is a piece of heaven, since no spice gets in the way of the delicious taste of this fruit. It is a great tasting rustic style spongy cake topped with soft and tender apples. When I bake this at home it gets eaten in less than half a day, therefore I recommend it.








Torta di Mele 

Ingredients: 
2-3 apples ( any apple, but not red delicious)
3 eggs
1 cup + 2 Tablespoons sugar (230g)
1 cup milk
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (320g)
2½ teaspoons baking powder
½ stick butter (60g)
½ teaspoon lemon zest and juice of a lemon to coat apples

Instructions: 
1. Pre heat the oven to 375 ° F (190 ° C). Grease the mold, preferably a springform pan (with removable base mold) 9 " or 10". See note.

2. Wash and peel the apples and brush with lemon juice. Beat eggs with sugar until stiff (4 minutes). Once you have the texture you want, pale yellow and fluffy, add the remaining ingredients one by one in the following order: the flour mixed with baking powder, butter at room temperature, and the milk with the vanilla. Whisk in stir (low speed) until well blended, and finally add the lemon zest.

3. Pour the mixture into the mold, and place the apples in a circle starting with the banks and moving toward the center. Bake at 375 °F (190 °C) for 35 -45 minutes. Sprinkle a little icing sugar if you think necessary. Serve warm or cold.Bon appetit!



Notes:
Use a greased flower nail to place in the center of the pan, to help the cake rise and cook evenly. This is a great tip to use in any 10 inch diameter cake or larger. After baked and cooled, just pull out the nail.




The next photo is for those who miss their country, especially those who are from Santiago and are living abroad. Here is the monument at daytime, for those who have sent me the request.
 If you want to see the monument at night time, check out the photo I posted a while back: here.

Great men are not always wise, Nor do the aged always understand justice. ~ Job 32:9 

12 Friends Have Comment:

  1. It looks beautiful. I love incorporating fruits into cakes (I have a similar cake to post soon). this ones looks perfect for my afternoon coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, looks great! Definitely going to make it soon since I'm taking the girls apple picking next weekend. Delicious!!
    Jackie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful way to highlight the flavor of the apple! All I need now is a cup of coffee and a fork. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make this every autumn! Love it. Of course, it's never as pretty as yours. But the orchards are open and the apples beckon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still remember your post, this cake made with amaretto. I have yet to taste it, it's on my list to do, the only problem is buying the whole bottle of amaretto, although I like this liquor taste, we are not fan of alcoholic drinks, so the bottle will just sit there for months. I'll see if I can get other recipes to do with it,it's worth the try.

      Hugs

      Delete
  5. Your apple cake looks delicious. I love the photos. More photos of Santiago, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful cake! It looks perfect and so delicious.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mari, your Torta di Mele looks so perfect, authentic, and totally delicious. Love how it turned out so beautifully. I have almost the exact recipe for it from Lora's m-in-law from Italy. We make this quick, and superb cake quite often.

    Also, in your previous post, your chicken rolled in the omelet is very creative and so yummy! I put your blog back into the list...since there's been so many changes, my entire blogroll list got wiped out. Had to add them one-by-one. Now, this way I will not forget to check your blog regularly. Take care, and big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elisabeth :) Have you published your recipe? If so send me the link, I would love to have an authentic Italian torta di mele recipe. Thanks again for adding me to your blog list :)

      Hugs

      Delete
  8. I remember last year when l made an apple cake for my first time. I was in love! Your cake looks so moist, and the recipe is gorgeous! Hugs, Terra
    www.cafeterrablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mari, I love, love apple desserts and your cake is PERFECT! The apple pattern on top is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I commented...LOL...maybe not! Your apple cake is beautiful with the pattern on top! I love apple desserts and this one looks scrumptious :)

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to leave a comment. Thank you for visiting Maris Cakes.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...