An all-time favorite... Guacamole! These are great crowd pleasers that will get you out of a hurry when a large amount of visitors appear at your home. There are many versions of these recipe in the web, but I am sure you'll like my version of guacamole. You can serve this with tortilla chips, or as a topping in quesadillas, tacos, nachos or grilled meats. At home these are favorites and are prepared at least once a week. Check out my fresh homemade salsa that goes perfect with this guacamole: Pico de Gallo.
Feliz Cinco de Mayo to all my readers who will be celebrating this week :)
½ white or red onion
2 Tablespoons of chopped pepper or jalapeno
1 Roma tomato
1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
Salt and black ground pepper to taste
1. Peel, pit and cut avocado into chunks and then smash with a fork.
2. Finely dice the onion, pepper, tomato, and cilantro and mix with mashed avocado.
3. Add crushed garlic, lime juice and salt and black pepper to taste.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap placed directly on the guacamole and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
5. Serve chilled with tortilla chips, vegetable crudités or as a topping in quesadillas, tacos or nachos.
Yied: 1 cup
Note: If you are like me and most likely prepare guacamole on the same day you’re going to prepare some pico de gallo, then it has gotten simpler for you! To make the guacamole all you'll need is the avocado, 1 clove garlic crushed, 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. The rest of the ingredients substitute with 3 Tablespoons of pico de gallo and mix it all together. Enjoy!
En Español: Aquí.
Depart from evil and do good; Seek peace and pursue it. ~ Psalm 34:14
You are welcome to visit and subscribe to my new blog: Delights and Wisdom.