Teddy Bear Bread


Hello! I have to say that I am very happy with the emails and photos I have received from readers that have made the Mandarin cake. I am so glad that you liked it and that it was a success in many of your homes. Thank you all for you your wonderful and grateful emails. Today I baked a TEDDY BEAR BREAD. I’ve had this bread recipe for a while and I finally got to taste it. This bread has a good crumb and great taste.

Different from what it is customary to give around this time, I think this particular homemade bread is a good alternative to show some love to a dear one or friend. The following recipe's yield is two breads, so you can give one and eat the other. This bread recipe is also ideal to serve on children birthdays or in baby showers. I hope you like this idea and make it with great success. If you do I would LOVE to see your photos on our facebook wall.




I thank my husband for helping me knead this bread. He makes every bread we make taste better :)  Enjoy this very short video of the process.


Teddy Bear Bread
(Taste of Home's Breads)

Ingredients:
1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
1 ½ cups warm water (110˚F 115˚F)
½ cup warm milk (110˚F 115˚F)
3 teaspoons butter or margarine, softened
3 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
5 ¼ to 5 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
12 raisins
1 egg
1 tablespoon cold water
Ribbon, optional


Preparation:
1. In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form stiff dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

2. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four portions. Cut one portion in half; shape into balls. Cut another portion into 14 pieces; shape into balls. Shape remaining two portions into balls. To form bear body, place each large ball in the center of a greased baking sheet. Place a medium ball above body for head; flatten slightly. Place two small balls on each side of head for ears. Place one small ball in the center of head for nose, and four small balls around body arms and legs. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.

3. With a sharp knife or scissors, cut slits for ears, eyes, nose and belly button. Insert raisins into slits. Beat egg and cold water; brush over dough. Bake at 375˚F (190˚C) for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. If desired, tie a bow around bear`s neck with ribbon.

Yield: 2 loaves.


Sent to Yeastspotting.

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear. ~ 1 John 4:18

22 Friends Have Comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. Those are so adorable! Mari, you are a baking goddess. This one's heading straight for my pin board. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute and lovely! I am sure they tasted equally great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so sweet, Mari. Makes me want to take them home and put them on my bed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie- Thanks! I am glad you liked it. I am sure if you make them your boys will love it. You can use any bread recipe you like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katrina - Yes they were tasty, I even did a ham sandwich with it. Thanks.

    Claudia - Thanks :) My daughters were thrilled and didn't want to eat the poor bears,lol.

    Kristi - Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Mari, these adorable cute teddy bear bread look so moist and delicious.
    The female one looks chubbier...LOL
    I would be afraid to eat them they are too precious, but then what's the sense of making them if I can't eat them?
    Thanks for sharing, my friend!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented! I can imagine the joy you bring to others by giving these beautiful loaves away. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lizzy - you are so right :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! They look so crusty and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very cute! I love the pink and blue ribbons. Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elisabeth - you're right she is chubbier, lol. Hugs

    Kath - The were yummy :) Thanks.

    Paz - Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute and smooth! A delicious treat.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are the cutest things! I wouldn't want to eat them but they look delicious - they have a great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merhaba; çok güzellerrrr...ellerinize sağlık...

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! this is super cute! I want!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mari, they're... fantastic and very sweet!! And easy to make... I'll bake it soon!
    I've only a little problem: english units are different than italian... I must convert everything:(
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. Laura - Welcome! Thanks :) the spanish version has measurements in grams, that might help you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look fantastic, cute, moist, and sure sooo delicious

    ReplyDelete
  19. The post is very nicely written and it contains many useful facts. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement. Thanks for sharing with us.

    teddy bear

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!

    teddy bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Welcome! You sell nice teddy bears :)

      Delete

You are welcome to leave a comment. Thank you for visiting Maris Cakes.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...