Versión en español: Mousse de Maracuyá
1 ½ cup passionfruit pulp (passed through a sieve) 300 g
juice of half lemon
3 egg whites
1 cup sugar 200 g
¼ cup water 70 ml
1 envelope unflavored gelatin 10 g
1 ½ heavy whipping cream 300 g
1. Remove the pulp of the fruit, pass through sieve and weigh. Reserve.
2. Prepare an Italian meringue with egg whites and syrup. Using the 3 egg whites, 1 cup (200g) sugar ¼ cup (50 m) water, you can see how to do it in: Italian Meringue (Dominican Frosting).
3. Hydrate the gelatin in ¼ cup (50 ml) of water, stir and microwave for 10 seconds, until the gelatin dissolves, or heat in a water bath.
4. Whip the cream.
5. Incorporate the dissolved gelatin into the pulp of passion fruit, then the Italian meringue and whipped cream last.
6. Place in mold and chill in the refrigerator until it takes consistency. Decorate with some whipped cream, crumbled cake or cookies.
Original recipe from my favorite blog, Gabriela, clavo y canela.
Gaby did this using a Thermomix can watch her step by step: Here
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. - Proverbs 17:1