Today I want to share with you what I do on a daily basis, from simple to decorated.
Spongy Vanilla Cake Recipe at the bottom.
All Natural and Fresh Pineapple Marmalade.
Para ver la receta de Bizcocho Esponjoso en Español clic aquí.
Mari's Spongy Vanilla Cake Recipe (Yellow Cake)
3 ½ cups of flour (450 gr)
2 tablespoons of baking powder (50 g)
3 sticks of butter = 3/4 lb. (335 g)or Margarine
2 cups sugar (402 grams)
1 cup of milk (237 ml)
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract or almond (15 ml)
1 tablespoon of grated lemon zest (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F. (175 C).
2. Cream the butter and sugar until you get a pale yellow color and creamy texture. Take eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition.
3. Start to pour the mixture of flour and baking powder already sifted, alternating with the mixture of milk and vanilla and ending with flour. Beat only until incorporated well.
4. Pour the mixture into baking pans previously greased and lined with wax paper (fills two 9 inch round pans or two 8 inch Square Pans).
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. It’s ready when inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
6. Let cool completely before placing on decorating dish, filling and decorating.
See recipe for:Suspiro , dominican frostingSee recipe for: Buttercream