On holidays or vacation time I like to try out new recipes, but I also do not forget to prepare tasty and favorite family recipes like these caramel pecan popcorn. They make a perfect treat for snacking on, or for family movie night. The recipes I share is a different and tasty way of preparing popcorn at home, super easy to make with ingredients that you already have in hand.
I would like to take this opportunity to tell invite you to follow me on google+, leave me a comment, share my posts, etc. Find me here, +Mari Nunez. Unlike Facebook, that no longer is a social media to keep you connected to the people and pages you want to see, Google+ is the best! I also created a new page for the blog on google+: +Mari's Cakes. If you still have not connected to G+, do so! Leave me a comment on today´s post so that I could + you too!
For this occasion I decided to serve this caramel popcorn on these lovely elegant vintage style cones. I am sure these would make an attractive treat for your dessert table. If you would like to make your own paper cones like these get the template here: Vintage Paper Cones.
Caramel Pecan Popcorn
12 cups popped popcorn (510 g)
1 ½ cup chopped pecans (150 g)
¾ cup butter (170 g)
1½ cup brown sugar (330 g)
½ cup corn syrup preferably dark (118 ml)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract(5 ml)
1. Place popped popcorn in a large baking pan.
2. Preheat oven to 250 °F (95 °C).
3. In a medium saucepan combine butter, sugar, corn syrup and salt. Stir constantly while it comes to a boil. Once it starts to boil leave without stirring for 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in the baking soda and vanilla.
4. Pour over the popcorn trying to cover as much area as possible, stir to coat completely.
5. Place pan in oven at 250 °F (95 °C) and bake for 1 hour or until caramel has dried. Stir every fifteen minutes.
6. After popcorn has cool, break into pieces and serve in small individual bowls, in paper cones or treat bags. Enjoy your caramel pecan popcorn delight!
Yield: 6-12 servings depending on amount to be serve.
Adapted from All Recipes Caramel Popcorn.
"Why are you in despair, my soul? Why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God!For I shall still praise him for the saving help of his presence." - Psalm 42:5