Traditional Gingerbread Men Cookies

Traditional Gingerbread boy Cookies

These last few days I've been putting together our gingerbread house and making gingerbread men. With all the things we have made a habit of doing for this season, there is nothing better for me than to decorate cookies. I have so much fun decorating gingerbread men, and it keeps me busy doing what I like, especially when it is to give as a gift!

En español

The cookies are very easy to make and decorate. All you need is a gingerbread man cutter, your favorite cookie recipe, and royal icing. There is nothing complicated about decorating it the traditional way. I made a video of less than two minutes for you to see and get inspired to make a few in the next weeks.

Need some cookie recipes: 
Sugar Cookies (Traditional) 
Decorating Chocolate Cookies
Gingerbread Cookies Recipe

Notes: To add color to the traditional cookie dough, you just have to add a few teaspoons of cocoa or a few drops of color of your choice. These will look nice in red or green, maybe pink for a baby girl!  I am stuck on the traditional, but it is always good to try out new things, especially for kids!

Glaze Recipe: 
Royal Icing

A sweet peek at this year´s gingerbread house:



Have you noticed the beautiful new blog design? I would like to thank Fran, from Freborboleta Design, who is the one who helped me to change the style of the blog. I love the new design and I hope you like it too! Feel free to look around, use the new "custom search" on the right, or the options on the gray menu bar above. If it is not in your language, click on the top right button to switch to the English or Spanish blog.






Have a Merry week!

Recipes and Tips