I dedicated these cake pops to my mom and my three precious daughters. Thanks to them, I feel I am the happiest daughter / mom in the world. May the Lord continue to less them. I would also like to congratulate all my readers moms who celebrate Mother's Day today.
Make, Enjoy, Pin and Share :)
What you need:
Chocolate candy melts (I use NY Cakes chocolate melts)
A styrofoam or oasis square
Ribbon for bows
1. Crumble the cake, you can use a food processor, or your clean hands.
2. Mix with enough frosting until a compact dough has formed with the consistency similar to play dough.
3. Form balls (cake balls). Freezer them for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave (follow package directions).
5. Dip each lollipop stick into the melted chocolate, about half inch, insert into the center of the cake balls and allow to set on counter tops to allow cake balls to go from very cold to cool.
6. Dip each cake pop in a small pot full with melted chocolate until completely coated and gently shake off excess chocolate, insert stick into foam and leave to dry.
Note: If you want to decorate with sprinkles do it while the chocolate is still wet.
I have to say I am delighted with NY Cakes chocolate candy melts that my sister sent me from New York City. They are very easy to work with, no need to add oil or crisco, and the cakepops come out with a smooth finish. The white chocolate is as they call it, super white and its taste... incomparable. If you do not have access to this chocolate where you live, I am pretty sure they can ship it to you, if not, there are many other brands of candy melts that are used for this product.
These are my delicious chocolate and strawberry cakepops.