SPICY THAI SHRIMP SALAD


Hot-and-sour, salads lie at the heart of Thai cuisine. Even though they are essentially hot because of the chilie sauce, cayenne peppers and sour with lime juice, the balance of flavors can be such that each is distinctly unique, like a symphony of flavors. This spicy salad is perfect for a special luncheon,  I loved it!



Spicy Thai Shrimp Salad Recipe 
 
Ingredients:
¾ cup prepared vinaigrette salad dressing (olive oil, salt pepper and vinegar) Esalada de Camarones,o  langostino
⅓ cup chopped fresh mint leaves(opcional)
½ teaspoon hot sauce or cayenne pepper sauce (use more or less to suit your taste) 
¼ cup honey dijon mustard
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil ( to sauté shrimps)
1 ½ pounds large shrimp, shelled (tails left on if you prefer)
8 cups shredded Napa cabbage or your favorite lettuce 
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup thinly sliced cucumber

Preparation: 
1. Combine salad dressing, mint, hot sauce, mustard, lime juice, and sugar in a large bowl; set aside.

2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet or wok until hot. Stir-fry shrimp 2 to 3 minutes until shrimp turns pink. Transfer to bowl with dressing. Add cabbage, bell pepper and cucumber, toss to coat. Serve warm.

Makes 6 servings

Enjoy!

Receta en español: AQUÍ


 But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.  - 1 corinthians 14:40 

7 Friends Have Comment:

  1. Hi Mari-I'm smiling to myself here...no cakes or desserts today?
    Love, love, your Thai shrimp dish, and photo of it. So pretty, and inviting. Totally convinced, and I will be making this too. Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth - that's funny you asked, I had a sweet recipe, but I thought that after all these chocolate recipes, I light break won't be bad. I've had this salad for a while waiting to be published, today finally I did. Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so much fun to see you whip up something savory, especially something as delicious as this salad! Now if we could just meet up and share a plate together it would be perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie - That would be awesome! :)

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Lovely, it feels me in summer!!
    unfortnately it's still so cold and raining here.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely recipe! I wonder if you can fry the cucumber a little too, to soften it? :) (I usually do in Chinese cooking, was do you think I can here?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. XingyMingy - I do not see a problem with heating up the cucumber a bit if you prefer it tender. Thanks for visiting and welcome!

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to leave a comment. Thank you for visiting Maris Cakes.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...