Chocolate Chip Decorated Cookies for My Cookie

Do you like chocolate chips cookies? Do you love decorating cookies? Than this is a recipe for you!

Last December as I was rolling out gingerbread dough, my oldest daughter, nicknamed COOKIE, I'm pretty sure you'll guess why, said "if only it was rolled chocolate chip cookie dough." I said "that will be a great idea". With that in mind, I had to place it in my to do list and planned it for February.


If you already have a favorite sugar cookie recipe, you can add 1½ cup of mini-chips and follow the steps like usual. I made a few modifications to my sugar cookie recipe and here it is, a rolled chocolate chip cookie dough for you to bake and decorate at home. I made a few changes to my cookies dough and they are marked with an *.


Chocolate Mini-Chip Cookies

 
Ingredients:
1 cup of butter or margarine (8 oz = 205 g)
¼ cup granulated sugar *
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 ½ teaspoons of  vanilla extract
3 ½ cups of  flour
½ teaspoon of salt
1 ½ cup of semi -sweet mini-chocolate chips *


Instructions: 
1. Cream butter and sugar until pale yellow and creamy (about 3 minutes). Add vanilla and egg yolk, beat until mixed.

2.Sift flour and salt together, and  to the butter mixture one cup at a time until fully incorporated (you may not need all the flour). Fold in the mini-chocolate chips. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. 

3. After the hour, remove the dough from the refrigerator and divide into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion of dough to ⅛ - ¼ inch (¼ - ½ cm) thick between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Place back into the fridge for at least two hours.

4. Preheat oven to 350 º F (175 ° C). Working with one portion of dough at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), cut the dough with sharp cookie cutters, and place on baking trays. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack before decorating.

Yields: 25 +, 2 ½ inch cookies. Why the +, well some little hands managed to reach a few before I had a chance to count them.


Note: 
a) I have used regular sized chips and they worked well, although the mini-chips make it easier to roll out.
b) These cookies come out super delicious and you won't be able to stop eating or baking them. I will not take responsibility for that, lol.
c) If you would like an icing recipe you could find it, HERE.

Enjoy!

Receta en español: AQUÍ

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.- Romans 12:9

10 Friends Have Comment:

  1. Just beautiful Mari! the only thing better than a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie is that same cookie with a slather of icing across the top. Yum! Your decorating is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable. Your daughter, Cookie, had a great idea! I'd love to try it with my son. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mari-What an amazing idea to make the heart shaped cookies with the chocolate chip recipe in mind.
    Such yummy cookies, with the most gorgeous pink icing!
    Thank you for sharing your recipe, and tips with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mari, so lovely cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, lovely, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure your little cookie was thrilled with these beautifully decorated cookies, at least I am. Excellent decoration Mari!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mari, these are so beautiful. This is my first visit to your blog and I've spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I really love the food and recipes you feature here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I have not made cutout cookies for years. But mine were never as beautiful as yours always are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for stopping by. I am glad you have liked my cookies, I wish you could taste them, they are delicious.

    Blessings,

    Mari :)

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to leave a comment. Thank you for visiting Maris Cakes.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...