This is what I call "Praline Cake Delight." I prepared in the form of mini cakes last Sunday for Father’s Day and was divine. I've always made it for customer orders, but this time it was for the house. Today I share with you.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1-1/2 cups Granulated sugar
1 cup Light brown sugar, firmly packed
4 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Praliné Icing for filling and decorating
1. Grease and flour three nine-inch round cake pans and preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cream the butter or margarine with both Granulated sugar and light brown sugar until very light and fluffy, then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt and add to the batter alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry mixture. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Divide batter evenly among the prepared pans and bake in the center of the preheated oven for twenty-five to thirty minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the layers comes out clean. Cool layers in their pans over a rack for ten minutes, then loosen and turn out layers directly onto racks for cooling.
5. Cool layers thoroughly before icing. Recipe yields a nine-inch, three-layer cake. Use Praliné Icing for filling and decorating.
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God” -Matthew 5:9