Peanut Butter Cookies


Peanut Butter Cookies are one of the many favorite cookies in my home. For many North Americans, they remind us of school. It specifically reminds me of first grade at PS 20 New York. I only went there for one week, but I never forgot those peanut butter cookies I ate there for snack. I left to a private school and I did not eat more of these delicious cookies .... until I made them for my girls eight years ago. These cookies are very easy to make. Enjoy!


Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe 
 
Ingridients:
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (113 g)
¼ cup granulated sugar (50g)
¾ cup brown sugar (165 gr)
½ cup peanut butter (113 g)
1 teaspoon vanilla (5 ml)
1 egg
2 cups flour (260 g)
1 teaspoon baking soda (optional) - I use ½ teaspoon only.
¼ teaspoon salt  
2 Tablespoons milk (30ml) only if dough looks dry

Preparation:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 ° C)
2. Cream butter for two minutes. Add the sugars, cream for an additional two minutes.
3. Add the vanilla and the egg to the butter and sugar mixture beat for a minute.
4. Combine dry ingredients - flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in with the butter and sugar mixture. Add milk if necessary. Stir until mixed.
5. Form the dough into balls about 1 to 1 ¼ inch. Place on a tray 2 inches apart.
6. Flatten Criss Cross pattern with a fork. Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes.


  
 
 
 

"You got to get up every morning with a smile on your face and show the world all the love in your heart... "
Anonymous

Recipes and Tips