Pumpkin Cake


En Español

Last week I made more Christmas tree cupcakes and had some leftover pumpkin puree, enough to make a pumpkin cake in a tree mold I had not used for years. I inadvertently posted a photo of winter wonderland to my Facebook page, so for the decoration I allowed myself to decorate the Christmas tree cake all white inspired by the wonderland snow. I used simple techniques and hope it inspires you in some way. The recipe is delicious and like always can easily be done following my step by step instructions. I truly recommend this recipe for the approaching birthdays and holidays.



The recipe for this cake: 
• Double the pumpkin cupcakes recipe.
Note: duplicate everything except the baking soda.

To frosting use one of the following: 
Cream Cheese Frosting
Vanilla Buttercream
Italian Meringue (Dominican Frosting)
Whip Cream

 All these recipes are found here at Mari's Cakes blog.


Fill the mold with the batter a little more than half, and place it on a tray to avoid it tipping in the oven while it bakes.


Frost all the edges first and smooth out, then fill the top.



With a spatula spread the frosting evenly on the cake, then with the same spatula gently pat to get textured peaks. That simple, that easy!




Decorate with white fondant flowers with gold dragees, and voila! The fondant flowers and can be made several days in advance.


This cake is delicious!



I am sending you like lambs into a pack of wolves. So be as wise as snakes and as innocent as doves. - Matthew 10:16 

Recipes and Tips