Do you like the combination of chocolate with fruit? Any fruit? If you answered yes or are curious to know how delicious it is, then this chocolate pear cake will make your day and either reaffirm or approve this combination. At home I prepare it whenever I can get a hold of two pears before they disappear in a fruit salad. It contains no spices, but it is a great dessert for the fall / winter season when we desire to prepare something simple yet comforting. This cake is right on target with the level of sweetness. The pears and chocolate sauce makes the texture very soft and moist texture.Try it!
Chocolate Pear CakeIngredients
For the pear cake:
¾ cup butter at room temperature
1¼ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon almond or vanilla flavoring
1½ cups all purpose flour
⅓ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 Tablespoons milk
2 Pears, peeled, cored, and sliced. I used d’anjou
Powdered sugar for topping optional
Get the recipe here: Chocolate Syrup.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350˚F (190 ˚C). Grease a 10 inch spring form cake pan and line the base with wax paper.
2. For the Chocolate Cake: Cream together the butter and brown sugar until it is pale yellow and creamy, about 5 minutes. Add the flavoring, then add the eggs one by one, beating well after each addition.
3. Measure and sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Incorporate into the creamed butter mixture and fold in gently in stir until all of the ingredients are combined.
4. Add the milk, stir, and then pour the mixture into the prepared pan and level the surface with a spatula. Gently arrange the pear slices in a radiating pattern over the cake batter.
5. Bake @ 350˚F (190 ˚C) for about 55 minutes or until the cake is firm to the touch. The center fully cooks in the last ten minutes. Leave the cake to slightly cool in the pan, and then transfer to a wire rack until completely cold before serving. If you are going to serve with the chocolate syrup, then get the recipe here: Dark Chocolate Syrup.
Enjoy this chocolaty pleasure!
"Be sincere in your love for others. Hate everything that is evil and hold tight to everything that is good. 10 Love each other as brothers and sisters and honor others more than you do yourself." - Romans 12:9-10