Decorated Cookies: Blue Hearts with White Border

sugar cookie dough


I recently made these beautifully decorated cookies for my daughters and nieces, and I must say, they are my favorite creations so far this year. The combination of my favorite color and the resemblance to jasperware, which I adore, make these cookies extra special to me. I am eager to continue practicing and perfecting the lace technique I used on the edges, and I plan to create more cookies like these in the future. With Mother's Day approaching, I believe these cookies would make lovely and thoughtful gifts to show appreciation and love.




Below are the recipes for the cookie dough and icing I used to create these delightful cookies Blue Heart Decorated Cookies with White Border:

Sugar Cookie Dough: This easy-to-prepare and workable dough recipe is perfect for creating beautifully decorated cookies.

Royal Icing: This versatile icing is used to fill and make the edges of the cookies. For more information on how to make this recipe and the ideal consistency for decorating cookies, please refer to the instructions.

Adaptation: For the cookies I made, I used 1½ cups of powdered sugar and ¼ cup of granulated sugar, resulting in a perfectly textured cookie.




Tips for outlining and filling cookies:

When outlining and filling (flooding) cookies, it's best to work with only four to six cookies at a time. The number of cookies you handle should depend on how long it takes you to outline them. If you work slowly, outline only four at a time; if you work quickly, outline six cookies. Proceed to fill each cookie until it is completely covered. The filling can be done using tips #2, #3, or #4, depending on the consistency of the icing. For instance, when working a ¼ inch from the edge of the cookie and there is no need to be overly precise, I used tip #4 to outline and flood all the cookies at once.



If you have good control of getting the right consistency in royal icing, you can outline and flood with the same tip size. This is how I prefer to make my cookies to avoid the outline from showing on the final product.


The tips I used to fill are #4 for the blue and #00 for the white border. I think the cookies came out pretty cute besides great tasting.

sugar cookies



Decorated Cookies: Blue Hearts with White Border


You might be interested in the following recipes for cookie dough:







A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. ~ Luke 6:45.

Recipes and Tips