My daughter Ruby, taught me how to prepare this dish, I had already mention to you here, that she liked to cook and prepared some divine omelets. Today's recipe is a fusion of tortilla-inspired wraps with Portuguese-style Piri- Piri chicken.
Piri piri is a hot sauce used for seasoning and marinade made with Serrano chiles, but if you're like me and can’t find piri piri in any food store near your home, then it’s OK to use Tabasco sauce. I find this is a fabulous recipe for breakfast or brunch, your family and friends will love you for it! I hope you like it as much as we do at home, and if you do prepare it, share a photo of your omelet @ our facebook page o twitter. Enjoy!
Prepare marinade, and divide in two bowls.
It is a great seasoning sauce, I recommend it!
Slice avocado and tomatoes. I had to include this photo of the tomatoes, because I love how it looks!
Stir-fry the chicken and cook until lightly browned.
Omelet cooking with a bubble and all! Are you feeling hungry?
Divide the cooked chicken, avocado and tomatoes and between the two omelets, spooning the mixture in a line down the middle.
Roll up the omelets, cut in half and serve. I know you are now very hungry. Craving some of these wraps? Try the recipe below.
Omelet Wraps - Esta receta en español: AQUÍ
5 large eggs
2 Tablespoons of milk
2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin stripes
1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and chopped
1 medium tomato sliced o 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
freshly squeezed juice of
2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 Tablespoon of piri-piri sauce, or 3 dashes of tabasco
Pam spray or butter to coat pan
salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the olive oil, lime juice, and cilantro in to a bowl and divide.
2. Place half the mixture in a shallow dish, add the Tabasco sauce, and mix well. Add the chicken and mix in with the marinade. Set aside for 30 min.
3. Add the avocado, tomatoes, in the remaining olive oil and lime juice mixture and stir gently to coat.
4. Place eggs in a bowl, add the milk, salt, and pepper, beat lightly with a fork.
5. Stir-fry the chicken in a nonstick skillet, cook thoroughly (about 5 minutes), or until the juices run clear, set aside.
6. Heat omelet pan over medium high heat and and coat the bottom and sides of the pan with butter or Pam spray. When heated through, pour in half the eggs. Tip the pan to spread the eggs evenly over the base. When the omelet sets, transfer to a warm plate, and cook the second omelet in the same way.
7. Mix the cooked chicken with the avocado and tomatoes and divide between the two omelets, spooning the mixture in a line down the middle. Roll up the omelets, cut in half and serve.
En español: AQUÍ
Bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. ~ Luke 6:28.