Chocolate Cupcakes


Chocolate Cupcakes with a twist, and eeeeasy to do!!! This Chocolate Cupcakes recipe is the one I always use to make these delicious mini-cupcakes that look so cute even when they are not decorated. This recipe is for regular size cupcakes, but since I learned to prepare these cupcakes when my princesses were small I thought of making them in mini form for those afternoons when we played "tea time".

How rapidly our children grow!! To think that not so long ago we prepared a banquette of crackers, cookies, petit fours, cupcakes and sat around the living room table for "Tea". My eldest daughter is not the only tall one anymore, all three of them are now taller than me and I now have become the shortest one at home.

I will not take any more of your time; here is the delicious chocolaty cupcake recipe. It takes more time to do the measuring then what it takes to prepare them. I hope this becomes one of your favorite recipes. To decorate I used Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.  ENJOY!


print recipe

CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
Chocolate Cupcakes with a twist of coffee and chocolate chips. Delicious and extremely easy to do recipe. It takes more time measuring the ingredients than the time preparing it. I encourage you to make these mini chocolate - chocolate chips Cupcakes.
Ingredients:
  • ¼ cup strong coffee
  • ½ cup sour cream or yogurt
  • ½ cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • ½ cup - ¾ cup brown sugar
  • ¼ cup cocoa powder
  • 1½ teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 ° F. Grease and sprinkle with cocoa instead of flour (only if you are not using liners) or line mini - cupcakes pan.2. In a bowl, mix all liquid ingredients (coffee, sour cream, oil, eggs, vanilla) and sugars. Stir until mixed.3. In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, powder baking, baking soda, salt).4. Combine the two mixtures with a spatula or a mixer on minimum speed until fully incorporated (a few seconds). Fold in the chopped chocolate and nuts5. Fill pan holes halfway and bring to the oven for 10 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted this comes out clean. Cooking time varies from 10 - 25 minutes depending on the size of cupcakes you make.
Yield: 24 to 30 mini- cupcakes


Notes:
a) I recommend for you to sift the flour and cocoa separately before measuring. 
b) You can make the strong coffee with 2 Tablespoons instant coffee diluted in ¼ cup hot water. 
c) To prevent the chocolate chips (chocolate chips) and nuts from sinking or go to the bottom, mix them with two teaspoons of flour before adding to the mix.


To decorated you could use decorations or flowers made with royal icing like I show below and also here.


You also may like my other Chocolate Cupcakes recipe.  


Receta en español: AQUÍ



For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind. But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere. And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness. - James 3:16-18


Spread the sweetness, stumble, tweet and share this with your friends!

12 Friends Have Comment:

  1. wow Mari, they look so nice and so yammy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and tempting!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty cupcakes! Coffee brings out the flavor of chocolate wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mari-I love your mini chocolate chip cupcakes with the coffee and the chocolate chips. The frosting is piped so perfect, and the little pink flower petal is so adorable!
    Love the recipe!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it has chocolate as an ingredient, I'm so there! I love that you made them petite. I'm pretty sure these would be a hit at my house. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so tasty. I love that you made these with your kids (for your kids). ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful, Mari! My family would LOVE these...I will make them soon, and pray that I can ice them half as lovely as you did...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm back again, to let you know how much I appreciate your care and concern, I am getting to be able to use my arm a lot better now, after several days!

    Still drooling over your yummy chocolate cupcakes with the perfect chocolate swirl frosting, and the pretty little pink flower!
    Hugs,
    Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elisabeth - I so glad you are doing much better. I could imagine the pain and inconvenience. Look forward to your wonderful recipes.

    Have a blessed Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to all for your sweet comments.
    Have a wonderful day :)


    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look so divine. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chocolate cupcakes with a hint of coffee and chocolate chips?? I will never be allowed to make anything else other than these!!
    Sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to leave a comment. Thank you for visiting Maris Cakes.

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...