the opportunity of tasting the pizzas of quite a few piazzioli who keep to their homeland traditions and I have to say that the thin and traditional New York pizza is the best, that’s outside of Italy of course!
My husband and I love to make our own pizza because the taste is delicious and incomparable. No delivery or frozen product will ever taste as good as a real homemade pizza. For those days when you are on the run a can not do your own pizza I recommend the following pizzerias which are my favorites: in Mid-Town NY Sbarro's, Lower East- side, Rosario's Pizza, in Massachusetts, Bertucci's and in the Dominican Republic the best pizza is in Pizzarelli.
Today I will share our favorite Pizza Crust Recipe.
Manny’s Herbed Crust Pizza
3 ¼ cups white flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of herbes Mixture: Rosemary, Thyme, Fennel and Basil
freshly ground pepper
1 package of ¼ oz. of active dry yeast or 0.6 oz. of compressed yeast
1 ¼ cup tepid water
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup of cornmeal to prepare pizza pan
Baking sheet or pizza tray
1. Dried yeast: sprinkle over surface of water and whisk until dissolved
leave mix to rest in a warm place for 10 mins until frothy on surface and doubles in size. Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in yeast liquid. Stir in oil.
2. Using floured hands mix together. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead for about 10 mins until smooth and elastic.
3. Place in a bowl greased with oil and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in a warm place for about 1hour or until doubled in size.
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and punch down to deflate. Cut in four if making individual thick crust pizzas or roll out completely to form a crust for on large pizza.
5. Transfer prepared crust to a lightly greased and sprinkled with cornmeal baking sheet or pizza pan. Push up the edge a little to form a ridge to retain the filling. Add your pizza sauce, cheese, and favorite toppings. Today I used: corn, onions, peppers, olives, chorizo and chicken.
6. Bake at 425 F for 15 to 20 minutes. Monitor pizza crust, especially the bottom of the crust as it bakes. It will turn brown when it is done, plus the cheese will be melted and brown on top. Remove from the oven and let it cool down for at least five minutes before you attempt to slice it.
For all the love you put into making delicious pizzas for me and the girls, we love you with all our hearts. May God Bless you and guide you always.
"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh, So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matthew 19:5-7